Summer band camp begins approximately 3 weeks before the start of the school year. Rookie camp is 2 days prior to full band camp.
Summer Band Camp Tips
- Drink lots of water in the days leading up to band camp.
- Wear sunblock.
- Wear good tennis shoes (no vans, flip flops, slip ons, Bob’s etc.).
- Wear a hat and sunglasses
- Bring water cooler filled with water and ice. Like this one at Academy or this one on Amazon.
- Bring a healthy lunch and snacks.
- Bring a great, ready to learn attitude.
- DO NOT drink milk before camp. It will make you sick in the heat.
Charms: The band uses Charms Office Assistant to communicate information and coordinate events and activities. This is where you can find important documents like registration forms, the band handbook, and parent meeting minutes.
This is also where you’ll order certain equipment/uniform items and where you’ll sign up to volunteer and chaperone (see below)
The first time you log into Charms you will be asked to enter the School Code, it is "FletcherHSBand" and the Student Area Password, It is the first 3 letters of your student's last name then the first 3 letters of their first name. Example JOHN SMITH ID would be SMIJOH (ALL CAPS). Once you are in you need to CHANGE THE PASSWORD at that time.
Student Facebook Groups: Students have their own Facebook groups to share information and ask questions. Ask your section leader to be added to the correct group(s).Google Calendar: The band calendar is on Charms. You can also follow the band’s Google Calendar here.
State and National Band/Drum Corp/Colorguard Organizations
Florida Bandmasters Association (FBA) - WebsiteDrum Corps International (DCI) - Website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube